This post contains affiliate links that help support my blog at no cost to you.
When my kids saw that the new Raspberry Creek Fabrics Fall Collection had SUSHI fabric, it was pretty much an expectation that I’d be making them something with it! My eldest requested a top and my son surprised me by saying he wanted a sushi shirt too. And, unsurprisingly for him – a tshirt with burgers on it.
I bought the Misusu Stack Tee when it released a few months ago, but hadn’t sewn it up yet. With the color blocking possibilities of this shirt, and the multiple sleeve options, I decided it would be a great tee for both kids!
I still needed a knit shorts pattern though, so Pattern Niche generously sponsored me with the Reef Walker Shorts. This pattern comes in multiple lengths (I used the longer short length for both, and rolled them up on my daughter), has a kangaroo pocket (I really loved the construction of this actually!), and has the option for a drawstring in addition to elastic. I would normally add the drawstring and grommets, but I was in a hurry for this project and decided to omit them.
Speaking of hurrying…. oof, my seams are so wavy! Ugh. I think I had the tensions wrong in my serger and coverstitch, so they stretched things out a little too much. I should have addressed it when I realized buuuuut…. I didn’t. Next project, I’ll test out those stitches and make sure they look good before proceeding!
Anyway, fabric-wise, I used the following for this project:
- Solid Teal Green 4 Way Stretch 10 oz Cotton Lycra Jersey Knit Fabric
- Solid Kelly Green 4 Way Stretch 10 oz Cotton Lycra Jersey Knit Fabric
- Green Red Yellow Brown and Black Sushi Print Fabric, Foodie by Brittney Laidlaw for CLUB Fabrics
- Green Red Coral Black and Khaki You Had Me At Sushi Panel, Foodie by Brittney Laidlaw for CLUB Fabrics
- Solid Kelly Green 4 Way Stretch French Terry Knit Fabric With Spandex (Note that this Kelly Green is a slightly lighter, less bright version of the Kelly Green jersey).
- Tonal Tan Red Green Mustard and Navy Fast Food Print Fabric, Foodie by Brittney Laidlaw for CLUB Fabrics
**DEAL ALERT – Get $1 off p/yard of the new Fall Collection until Thursday August 11, 2022 – no code needed**