This post contains affiliate links that help support my blog.
As part of the Raspberry Creek Fabrics Blog Tour, I shared the Boo! Designs Swimmers Rash Guard with a side stripe running along the sleeve and side. I thought I’d write a separate post with instructions on how I did it!
To make a 2″ stripe, do the following (note you can make a wider stripe – you’ll just need to adjust the math a little).
- Remove 1″ from the side of both the back and front bodices.
- Remove 1″ from both sides of the sleeve.
- Cut a strip of fabric 2 1/2″ wide and a little longer than the total length of the 1″ strips you removed.
- Sew sleeves to bodices.
- Beginning at one hem, attach long strip all the way from shirt hem to sleeve hem. Repeat for other side.
- Sew your shirt together – you may want to make a notch where your underarm is on the long strip, just to help keep things aligned properly.
- Trim off any excess strip and hem.