Affiliate links may be included in this post. Thanks for supporting my blog!
Happy new year!
One thing I often do when I sew is listen to audiobooks. Last Christmas, my husband bought me these noise cancelling headphones in preparation for our trip to Australia and these turned out to be PERFECT for enabling me to listen to audiobooks while using my loud serger and sewing machines!
Our local library has a huge collection of digital audiobooks, so as tempting as an Amazon Audible subscription is, everything I’ve read so far has been borrowed (using my phone) from the library. The county I live in has reciprocal lending with the neighboring counties, so in addition to my own county library, I also have access to the digital collections at the next county over as well.
Since I usually read using audiobooks, I use the apps on my phone to borrow my books and then listen to them through my phone. In most cases they do download temporarily to my phone so even if I’m in an area with no reception, I still have access to my audiobooks.
The apps my libraries have access to are: RB Media, Overdrive (and Libby), and Hoopla. I also have Audible on my phone and have access to some free books as part of my Amazon Prime membership.
So, here’s a list of all the books I’ve read this year. I think! Some have been on my Kindle or as actual books, but most have been audiobooks. Of course, I’ve also read about 1,000,000 books to my children, but here I’m focusing on books I’ve read for myself or as long read-alouds to my eldest. I’d love to get your suggestions on what to read in 2020!
- Heads You Win – Jeffery Archer (Hardcover, Worst book I read of the year! Ugh!)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (Softcover, Read this to my eldest daughter!)
- The Martian (Kindle book, Amazing!)
- Outlander (Kindle book, long but amazing!)
- Crazy Rich Asians (Audiobook, LOVED this! The narration was fantastic.)
- China Rich Girlfriend (CRA Series, Audiobook)
- Rich People Problems(CRA Series, Audiobook)
- Before We Were Yours (Audiobook, Enjoyed this one even if it was very heavy)
- The Wife, The Maid, and the Mistress (Audiobook)
- All the Light We Cannot See (Audiobook, Amazing!! One of my favorites from the year)
- Sharp Objects (Audiobook)
- Anne of Avonlea (Audiobook)
- Murder on the Orient Express (Audiobook, fun read!)
- Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander Series, Audiobook)
- Voyager (Outlander Series, Audiobook)
- Drums of Autumn (Outlander Series, Audiobook)
- The Fiery Cross (Outlander Series, Audiobook)
- A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander Series, Audiobook)
- An Echo in the Bone (Outlander Series, Audiobook)
- Becoming Mrs. Lewis (Audiobook, A fictional take on the relationship between CS Lewis and his wife – enjoyable!).
- Gift of the Sea (Audiobook)
- Girl, Wash Your Face (Audiobook – eh, not my favorite).