I made two of these little Ottobre Ruffled Tops for some upcoming 1st birthdays. This was one of my first projects using my new binding attachments for my coverstitch machine. Binding things is so much fun with this gadget! Initially my binding fabric was rolling around like crazy and not feeding through the binder properly. Once I got it properly starched however, it all went much more smoothly. I did find that the finish wasn’t as flat as it should have been. Next time I would run the edge through my serger first before binding it to ensure a nice smooth finish. I think next time I would also make the straps just a little bit longer to make tying them a little easier.
Purple dot fabric – G Street, remnant
Purple solid – Stenzo
Originally published on BurdaStyle February 1, 2016